St Bede’s Catholic School and Sixth Form College
Faith ~determination ~excellence
With the Lord’s help, we are united in faith, we are determined to achieve and strive for success and excellence in all that we do.
Our Mission Statement, Core Values and Aims:
Through God’s love and with the Lord’s Help, we at St Bede’s Catholic School and Sixth Form College share our Catholic Faith. We work together to ensure that our school is a happy, safe and exciting place in which to learn and seek to nurture in our school family an understanding of the importance of Christian values and a deep love and lifelong commitment to God. We respect and care for each other and everyone around us and have high expectations of what we can achieve.
To realise our mission we work towards three main themes:
- We are united in faith with all cultures and communities.
- We aspire for success and excellence, making the best of the talents given from God.
- We become confident, determined and resilient when challenged, having Jesus as our guide and our strength.
Our Vision is to create and maintain an environment which enables all members of the school community to flourish in all aspects of their lives. To provide an excellent education and wider opportunities where all members of our school community will grow and realise their potential through encouragement and perseverance in a safe environment.
Through this vision we aim:
- To appreciate that we are all uniquely created and loved by God.
- To develop confidence, independence and high self-esteem; respecting ourselves, each other and the environment by living out our Christian values.
- To become well balanced individuals, spiritually, emotionally and socially by learning, living and celebrating our Catholic tradition developing a strong partnership with parents, the Church and our community.
- To develop lively enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- To understand the importance of forgiveness and reconciliation.
- To provide an excellent education and positive learning environment so our pupils realise their potential and have pride in their achievements.
- To encourage our pupils to participate fully and take responsibility for their learning, and to persevere, develop as resilient and independent learners, learn through their mistakes and always try to do their best.
- To develop, promote and encourage healthy and active lifestyles.
- To be happy, safe and inspired to achieve the highest possible standards in all that we do.
- To ensure that all in our community care and respect others, develop an understanding of the word and contribute to society as responsible citizens.
- To provide equal opportunities for all regardless of religion, gender, ethnicity or ability.
- To value and build respectful relationships, bringing together staff, pupils, parents and our governing body with shared goals and aspirations.